Hands-On Business Training in Japan in English
Often called a “Mini MBA”, the JMEC programs starts in November with a 5-week Saturday lecture series covering topics related to business plan writing and how to do business in Japan. The classroom instruction and workshops are led by business professionals working successfully in Japan.
The second part of the program starts in January with the actual research, analysis and writing of the business plan. Participants are placed onto teams of 5-6 people and paired with a company which is seeking to enter or expand into the Japanese market. JMEC teams, supported by a team mentor and consultant, will spend the next four months preparing a business plan for their client and a panel of JMEC judges. It is through this process that participants gain experience they can use to propel their career either at their current company or at any job in the future.
The regular participation fee for the 7-month business program is JPY150,000.
Profile of Past Participants
- English speaking professionals living in Japan who want to improve their business skills, broaden their network and achieve higher career & personal goals
- 50% Japanese and 50% foreign nationals
- 8 years working in Japan on average
- Age range: 25-52 years old
- Average age: 33 years old
- 50% male and 50% female
- Over 15 different nationalities represented